HTML5 validation of widget objects

Feb 15, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Edited Feb 15, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Hello I'm trying to get a valid HTML5 w3c validation (except metatags), but widget objects generate 4 errors. Is it possible for me to fix it or the widget framework wouldn't be too happy about any changes to its objects? Thanks.

Error 1: Element object is missing one or more of the following attributes: data, type.
Error 2:
The codetype attribute on the object element is obsolete. Use the data and type attributes to invoke plugins. To set a parameter with the name codetype, use the param element.
Error 3:
The codebase attribute on the object element is obsolete. Use the data and type attributes to invoke plugins. To set a parameter with the name codebase, use the param element.
Error 4: The declare attribute on the object element is obsolete. Repeat the object element completely each time the resource is to be reused.

Coordinator
Feb 22, 2012 at 3:17 AM

What does the actual widget markup look like on the page?  Those errors shouldn't be happening.

Feb 22, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Well I have the default declaration

<object id="ANY-UNIQUE-ID-YOU-WANT" codetype="dotnetnuke/client" codebase="WillStrohl.Widgets.SomeWidget" declare="declare"></object>
Which does correspond to HTML5 errors, because HTML5 has it changed. Question is can I and how would I go to make it pass validation and still have it as functional widget?